Friday, March 25, 2011

This happened during my trial in 1997…

What's In Your Brain? What's In Your Mind?: Doesn’t this constitute a mistrial?

My very adequate lawyer, a Duke graduate, sat in his chair while the District Attorney made slanderous remarks about me to the jury, a person he knew nothing about nor had ever met before that day.  Was he even mentally fit to prosecute?   More professional people in this arena would have been appalled at his behavior.  I was even shocked and I was on trial.  I thought that was only something that happened in the movies.

My mother’s second husband had been in trouble numerous times for traffic violations and drinking and driving eventually losing his license, his father was an alcoholic.  That was never mentioned either and what I had hoped to bring out in court.  My attorney, court appointed I might add, did nothing simply because he was court appointed, therefore, as I mentioned in a complaint, I was not fairly or impartially but, was prejudiciously represented in the case. 

Everyone in my car before I left for Fort McClellan Alabama.  I hope you all get the message here from these children…

mom, JT et al in the mustang 1974

My father was guilty of driving while intoxicated, so were some of my Uncles and older cousins, never getting caught.   There are numerous television shows I viewed where drinking and driving was involved.  I am acquainted with numerous other people who drive while intoxicated on medications, benzodiazepines and various other prescription meds.  How can an impartial jury claim beyond doubt that I willfully drove my car without a license?   My mother’s husband did, I know that for a fact and had been told that by my mother.   Programmed to do the same thing?

No comments: