Thursday, March 1, 2012

In my case this would be erroneous…updated

What's In Kay's Mind - Connecting The Dots: I just viewed Rizzoli and Isles, Don’t Need Another Hero, now I see what happened…

…I viewed a lot of detective and cop shows during my adolescence.  My mother read True Crime stories and I am sure both my mother and father viewed  some crimes shows on the TV.   This is not about PTSD and children, this documentation below seems more about creating a writer or storyteller.  Metaphor only serves to mask the real problem, for example, “I ate Vienna sausages frequently as a young girl”.   This is like a metaphorical acting out or an acting out of the abuse perpetrated on my person in my childhood.  To the average onlooker this would seem quite innocent, to a professional it could be a sign of a problem if they are looking for something.   Metaphor to me has no place in development, like no means, no which has often (in my discovery) been construed to mean yes to suit those looking to use something which does not belong to them or to abuse someone.  What is, is and we don’t need metaphor to describe it.  Getting a child to do so is only confusing the child and affecting their recovery in my opinion. I am now aware there are those who have done this to me and have tried to do this to me to obstruct the realities of the incidents perpetrated upon me so as to perpetuate a masochistic existence, encouraging me to continue to allow myself to be abused.  Projecting has been promoted and so has projective identification for the benefit of certain industries, in other words they are not promoting mental health or well being.  Some are better than others but they are few.

This is where acting out (as used by Melman and Goldman in Acting Out, The Neurosis of Our Time) or re-enacting as described in PTSD a Clinical Review and Beyond the Brain, Stanislov Grof, state that it is the acting out of a trauma that keeps the victim stuck in a victim role, in a state of repetition compulsion.   It is the verbal working through and integrating of a trauma which begins the process of healing and promoting mental and emotional well being.

Effects of Traumnatic stress pg 81 PTSD CR

No comments: