Saturday, March 17, 2012

“Interesting thing on the way to the forum”…

A lesson on how the brain works and works quickly, or more slowly in my case as mine is pumped full of adenosine, although I had already been informed of this but disbelieved the brain could be so deceived.  A few days ago I was on my way to visit a friend.  As I was approaching the bus stop, another acquaintance, headed in the same direction came along side me.  We had a conversation and she asked me what bus I was awaiting  I told her the F Bus Downtown.  She told me she was taking the G Bus to Booker Creek which happened to be parked at the stop and was pulling away as we spoke.  I asked her if she needed that bus and she replied no, she was going to get to her destination from downtown.  We sat down and chatted for several minutes when the F bus arrived.  She said see you later and got on the bus, while I was sitting there sort of confused.  I approached the bus and asked the driver the time.  She was changing her sign on the bus which said Colony Woods.  I looked at my watch which read about 4 minutes later than the time she gave.  I thought, well the downtown F- Bus will be here any minute.  I stepped away from the bus and the driver pulled off, as she did I looked up and noticed the sign now read Downtown.  I tried to wave the driver down but she didn’t see me.  So there I stood at the bus stop wondering exactly what happened.  I usually ask the driver in which direction they are going as they do often arrive with their signs incorrectly stating their destination.  It didn’t even cross my mind to ask and I was looking right at her while she was changing the sign. 

A big beef I have with driver’s is they sometimes do this at the mall stop and then they fail to announce to passengers they are going in a different direction, when they have no waiting time before leaving.  I thought it was going to Colony Woods and was late.  She left as soon as she changed the sign, didn’t mention her direction and so I was left standing at the bus stop.  I knew the time the bus was suppose to arrive and I also know they are sometimes late.  Needless to say I was upset, as it was hot and I had to walk a good mile in blue jeans.

What surprised me most was how that short conversation between the Ms. Venezuela and myself ended up leaving me sitting at the bus stop, my brain thinking I was waiting for the G bus and my mind knowing I wanted the F bus.    

No comments: