Sunday, November 13, 2011

If this were true then how do you explain my findings…

From Science Daily:

the entrance stage to cortical visual processing, is modulated only by attention and not by awareness. This finding supports the hypothesis that attention and awareness differentially affect nerve cells.

Attention and awareness uncoupled: Brain imaging experiments uncouple two apparently intimately connected mental processes

…regarding the viewing of two specific films, both employing hypnosis, one a demonstration of hypnosis?    Several years ago I viewed a Nova episode, Lost Empires II, The Roman Baths.   In that film one’s attention is drawn to the aqueduct ruins.   Several months later I viewed a Twilight Zone episode, Twenty-Two.   I have no conscious recollection of ever having seen this episode of Twilight Zone, although I have seen others and I clearly recall the ones I have seen. 

The main character in Twenty-Two looked like my mother and she would have been in her early twenties when seeing these films.   During the viewing of this film my attention was drawn to a painting on the wall behind the Doctor and Nurse, that of aqueducts.   I turned my attention to how this might have happened.   It was evident my mother viewed this program in my youth and probably this episode and because we are psychically connected.   It was because of this psychic connection and probably synchronicity that I chose to view this episode of Twilight Zone and found the aqueducts.   This means my mother did likely see the painting and it was imprinted on her brain but never actually focused on it.   I am certain she was likely more focused on the action between the Doctor, patient, nurse and the star’s manager in the film, but was unconsciously curious about the painting.   My father was claimed to have had a split personality but I think it was my mother.   This would be part of the things in the film she repressed but was certainly more active in her mind as opposed to the action between the Doctor and patient which was all resolved by the end of the film.   Details about the aqueducts had not been resolved until I viewed Lost Empires II, The Roman Baths.     

So I would argue against the statements above to say I think it is clearly what we see but are not focused upon that has the most power over our minds and behavior.

No comments: