Saturday, November 26, 2011

This was the reason for my erratic senseless behavior after getting out of prison…

Dissociative trance disorder: single or episodic disturbances in the state of consciousness, identity, or memory that are indigenous to particular locations and cultures. Dissociative trance involves narrowing of awareness of immediate surroundings or stereotyped behaviors or movements that are experienced as being beyond one's control. Possession trance involves replacement of the customary sense of personal identity by a new identity, attributed to the influence of a spirit, power, deity, or other person, and associated with stereotyped "involuntary" movements or amnesia. Examples include amok (Indonesia), bebainan (Indonesia), latah (Malaysia), pibloktoq (Arctic), ataque de nervios (Latin America), and possession (India). The dissociative or trance disorder is not a normal part of a broadly accepted collective cultural or religious practice. (See p. 727 for suggested research criteria.)

Psych Central: Dissociative Disorder NOS

…from which others have gained profit without having to pay for it themselves.   Even my mother suffered from this disorder.  After getting out of jail I over heard her in a conversation on the phone tell someone she didn’t have a son.   This shocked me and sent my mind reeling.   She then transferred this state to me and I again, after getting insuring and tagging a vehicle all while having a revoked license, took off in my car to wonder from town to town, getting into an accident, suffering a seizure for which I was given meds, running around in the midst of a hurricane I wasn’t aware of, to eventually getting another apartment only to lose it again and my license ending up in jail and prison for the fifth time, all while I was sober.

No comments: