Tuesday, August 9, 2011

This awareness was the result of the manager’s thinking of doing it…update 4

Once I arrived home after delivering my friend’s purchase, it occurred to me that it would have been basically the same if I had let him deduct the cash from the ticket and then used some of the cash for the purchase keeping the remaining cash, minus any owed my friend, for the ticket, but because my friend gave me a specific amount of money to cover her items I would only use her money for the purchase.   I have been doing that all my life. 

What's Been in Kay's Brain? What's In Her Mind?

…that way.   I was carefully watching what he was doing with his hands at the register.  That’s how I figured out what he was going to do with the ticket.   He set the paper work aside and closed the register without giving me the cash for the ticket and wanted to ring up the purchase, subtracting the lottery winnings from the cash I already had which would have been simpler.  I considered my friend’s cash hers and separate from my lottery ticket.

This is also why I did so well in mathematics in high school as my instructor used the chalk board all the time.  I also think this is why I was attracted to MC Escher’s work as his sketch of the hands was one of the first I had ever seen.

No comments: