Wednesday, August 10, 2011

High amounts of fat as opposed to glucose decrease leptin thus decreasing appetite…

What's Been in Kay's Brain? What's In Her Mind?: Even if you increase protein, some of which will get converted into glucose…updated

why bodybuilders need to take appetite suppressants.  I noticed I always get really hungry after taking about 3000 mgs of leucine.   I am not sure of leucine’s effect on glucose as it has been touted as being a cause of hypoglycemia is high doses.   Whenever I have mixed leucine with glucose or maltodextrin it has not mixed well so I tend to think it is the absorption of fat from the blood that really causes the hunger.  When sufficient levels of fat in the blood are present leptin does not circulate reducing appetite, why obesity happens in people who are also consuming lots of protein and not working out like body builders do.  Breast milk is also high in fat and carbohydrate and low in protein.

No comments: