Wednesday, August 10, 2011

After consuming a high protein diet that included additional BCAAs…

What's Been in Kay's Brain? What's In Her Mind?: High amounts of fat as opposed to glucose decrease leptin thus decreasing appetite…

…for 30 days and keeping the fat intake lower, I found myself craving fat and I hit the chocolate ice cream, then up went my weight.  I was craving the fat so much I ate an entire quart at once, something I have never done.  The BCAAs as well as other hydrophobic aminos probably absorbed all of the fat in my blood, why I was craving it and the high doses of BCAAs in the protein and what I added had packed what fat I did have, onto the body.  I went up to 172 lbs from 135 lbs in just a few years.   If you’ve ever looked at a slab of rib-eye steak you can imagine what it looks like in your muscles.   Rib-eye steak is one of the fattiest cuts of beef there is.

This is what told me that the leptin does increase appetite.   So I calculated how much I wanted to weigh and figured out how much protein I would need and then calculated my basal metabolic rate and went from there and my weight has started to decrease.

No comments: