Friday, June 24, 2011

Blue Scout Chronology Part II

In Castaneda’s next "dreaming" session, he reaches the shadows’ world and his dreaming attention is "inescapably attracted to that blob of energy. In a matter of seconds, I was next to it." Id. "All of a sudden, the blue, round shape turned into the little girl I had seen before. She craned her thin, delicate, long neck to one side and said in a barely audible whisper, ‘Help me!’ . . . . I stood frozen, galvanized by genuine concern." Id. He senses that he is experiencing feelings back in his physical body, which is asleep in bed, the awareness of which suddenly causes the other shadow beings to scurry away, leaving him alone with the little girl. "I watched her and became convinced that I knew her. She seemed to falter as if she were about to faint. A boundless wave of affection for her enveloped me." p. 126. He tries to direct his thoughts to her, but feels them blocked "by a membrane of energy I could not pierce. The little girl seemed to understand my despair and actually communicated with me, directly into my thoughts. She told me, essentially, what don Juan had already said: that she was a scout caught in the webs of that world.

Blue Scout Chronology Part II

No comments: