Wednesday, December 14, 2011

What is a paradox…

What, exactly, is a paradox?

After reading this article I had to conclude either I didn’t really know what a paradox was and I had been confused or I did know and the Oxford article was erroneously penned, maybe deliberately.

I had to view Woman in Green to discover what happened and what caused me to become hypnotized, risking being hypnotized again and using the same deductive reasoning Holmes did to find the cause and get myself out of the situation.  This is what I think a paradox is really all about, it is like the Ouroboros or a Mobius or the symbol for infinity.   In the film Holmes recovered from a hypnotic induction with the help of a pill, to save himself and capture the criminals and is sort of prophetic for the viewer. 

No comments: