Tuesday, December 13, 2011

What's In Kay's Mind?: I never connected Stepford Wives with the Sherlock Holmes film Woman in Green until I wrote the Commentary post…

What's In Kay's Mind?: I never connected Stepford Wives with the Sherlock Holmes film Woman in Green until I wrote the Commentary post…

Neurolinguistic Programming, a case of helping or hurting, but after my recent viewing of Stepford Wives, it is clear they were finding out someone (me possibly or my mother or any other female who may have seen Woman in Green) was projecting that part of the self away from themselves.    First the WIG is projected onto one of Joanna’s twin girls signified by her green blouse she is wearing when she gets onto the school bus for the first time.   This was acted out in my youth when I gave away my Barbie doll, which looked like the WIG, to my sister one Christmas and was symbolic of my projecting it onto my sister and it was likely projected onto me from one of my Aunts or Mother or some unknown.   It was also further re-enacted between my sister and brother when my sister chased by brother around the house with her Chatty Kathy (Kathy Hall, the writer?) doll that talked – the scene in which she lured Holmes to her apartment – there could also be scenes between my Aunt and Uncle.

Then WIG is transferred to an automobile, a green station wagon, prompting me to write a short mechanimorphic (for lack of a better word to describe the essay) kind of essay on someone’s erotic feelings about a woman described as an automobile.  I wrote it in the 90’s.   This nicely written essay has been misplaced and I have not located it as of yet (lots of papers to go through) or it is lost.   This was brought out in Adam Curtis’ film Century of the Self, when marketers bought into Bernays’ ideas about how to get at the consumer via his most innate drives and desires and exploit them.  This transference prompted our family to purchase a light green 60’s model Chevrolet and then in 1970 a green Plymouth, a deeper green than the Chevrolet (must go deeper) and then Kay purchased her own car a green Volkswagon.    The woman in green, the seductress had now become something other than a woman, she became an automobile.   Every man who watched that film would likely have been attracted to the woman in green.  It is evident in my family.

This is how only a small group can become so very powerful.   I feel certain this is someone from New York with whom my father may have had a psychic connection during the war.  He was stationed on Long Island in 1939 before shipping out to Long Beach and then the Pacific to Iwo Jima and Okinawa.

_____________________

I also wore the usual Army green issue while enlisted in the US Army in 1974-75.  While I had many issues to deal with in my youth, it is clear this film and other films like it may have contributed to the problem and to others thinking I was a lesbian.  I never thought of myself as a lesbian.   I never thought of myself as being in the wrong body, I just never entertained those ideas.  Once after I heard about Christine Jorgenson, I thought about changing my sex, but it was because I was angry, but I wasn’t just angry at my father, but men and my mother and at that point in the Army, women too.  I was just plain angry and it got worse and the anger grew into a big rage that I took out on myself making my body sick.

Right now I among many, feel as if I have been chosen as the sacrifice for every evil thing done to another.   I am tired of it.

No comments: