Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Although I felt I was helped by Eales, it is now clear she was looking at me through her own projections…

What's In Kay's Mind?: Lindsay Wagner reminds me of Linda Eales the counselor/therapist I saw in 1980…

…and still yet another “professional” failed to see that I was in real need of help.  We never really touched on any “real Issues” in my life that were the source of the problem.  This did begin to happen with Dr. McNeil.

This is the biggest problem I have experienced with Mental Health and health care in general.  They see patients through the eyes of their own educations about mental illness and disease.  They can try and fit people into the many pages they read but it doesn’t work.   Generally I felt a grave lack of real concern for my wellbeing or any ability to help me care for myself.   My greatest success has come from books and practicing what they taught.

I felt the money I spent was used more to help them clean up the crap they learned that became a part of their minds.

No comments: