Saturday, October 22, 2011

Thurer ~ Turrin…updated

Initially, it was "Thürer," meaning doormaker, which is "ajtós" in Hungarian (from "ajtó", meaning door). A door is featured in the coat-of-arms the family acquired. Albrecht Dürer the Younger later changed "Türer",

Albrecht Dürer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I found nothing specific in the work I did, but there were so many men lifting me out of it I can hardly say for sure he did not create such an item as the Shroud.    People laying out wallpaper could easily have extracted details of it since 1972, or laying out of fabric in a mill, there are a few of those around and I have an acquaintance who works for a fabric mill in Winston-Salem as a personnel manager, her boyfriend and my friend was an artist as well and also went to Pitt Community College.   He got into working with glass and I he did a project in college I think was an artistic reconstruction of the set up in the film The Brain That Wouldn’t Die.  

They must have thought the scene came from the fabric industry rather than some artist.   Men who think industry, well…

There was a sign painter at Harrell Sign Company who looked just like Rupert now as I think of it.  Don’t know how long he worked there.  I was in Raleigh in 1970.

No comments: