Friday, April 8, 2011

Re: Mental Radio, Upton Sinclair…update 4

What's In Your Brain? What's In Your Mind?: Mental Radio, Upton Sinclair…

I have never met the architect who designed this structure for University Mall in Chapel Hill, NC.  I couldn’t tell you who he or she is or where they are from.   I vaguely recollect the sign displaying the information about the design inside the mall.  I took the picture of the mall because I had pictures of it prior to the addition of these entrances and it reminded me of the carport to our house in Chesapeake, VA.

I have never been to California, at least physically.   I have several relatives who have lived in San Diego,  an acquaintance who lived there briefly and my mother’s second husband lived in California, where I cannot say.  My acquaintance might have psychic connections with someone who lives on Wyoming, which runs into Arizona Street, as he was using the pseudonym Wyoming when I first met him.  My mother’s second husband is not an architect.   My father was stationed at Long Beach during WWII, he was a carpenter.   James Gibbs was an architect.

How did I find this image?  A shadow of doubt.  I don’t know who I am trying to convince, others or myself. 

Arizona street

University Mall, Chapel Hill, NC, you can see how the mind was attempting to make sense of the images it was receiving, if the designer had no knowledge of the building on Arizona Street in CA.  If he or she did, then it was their brain trying to make sense of what it had seen since the end result was different than the original.   All of the parts are there just organized differently.

PC310004

And of course you can see how I would relate both to the carport over our driveway at Plummer (Christopher?) Plantation, Chesapeake, VA, which was a white metal construction, more open than the above design. 

This is not an accurate drawing of our house, it has two windows on the right instead of one.

Copy of Copy of house in portsmouth

No comments: