Friday, April 15, 2011

Agamemnon ~ my father…update 3

The tragedies of Seneca - Google Books

Some decades ago after my father’s death I also read in Edith Hamilton’s Timeless Tales of God and Heroes and another Greek Mythology book about a woman who’s father or brother was blind and she was seeking to save her brother, I thought it was Iphigenia.  I read  Antigone as well.

It seems someone was either putting on Greek or Roman plays or was reading about them.   I am connecting names of characters in the mythologies, “I like Phoebe”, Odysseus, Phaedra, Phosphor, Porsephine, Pindar, Romulus, Iris and Rainbow, Sparrow, Labyrinth, Frigga, Dove, Cassandra, Castor, Cadmus (Camus?), Circe’ (Jean Baird my roommate mentioned this frequently, I had never heard of Circe’ before, I was familiar with other Greek characters), Agave, Bacchus, Chaos, Avernus, Chiron, Charon, Bosphorus, Arion, Argos ( we had a school mate named Argie), Attica, Bootes…

I watched most of the Xena episodes that deal with mythology and quite a few Golden Girls which I think also contained many of the tragedies.

No comments: